View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
It's much quicker to place all your search and replace strings in one text file, especially when you have to go through a lot of regex searches. Just copy and paste from the opened text file, instead of messing around with using the Saved Searches. My text file is named "errors.txt," is easy to remember and open, and is easy to copy and paste each search string.
I'll completely disagree with that.

I have a pile of saved searches. When I start "mending" a book, I select most of them, and hit find. Decide if this is an actual problem, and hit find and replace, or find to move on. Repeat until all the problems have been fixed. it isn't quite as simple as that, but a lot quicker than copying the search terms from a text file for 20 or so searches.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote