Thread: Audiobooks
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #15
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
And how do you do this? I get fed up with some audiobooks downloading in single chapters.
I use mp3wrap on Linux though there is a windows version. Both are command line but relatively simple. It creates one mp3 file which can esaily be split back into the original files. For instance, if I have a directory with Chapter1.mp3 up to chapter100.mp3, I can create a single NameOfBook_mp3wrap.mp3. If I again want individual chapter files mp3split can extract them using the original information from mp3wrap. The only minor complication was with chapter names, which invariably do not use trailing zeros. For the combined file to be in the proper order these are essential. I use a small script using the linux "rename" command to accomplish this. So, for instance, Chapter1.mp3 must become Chapter001.mp3 if there are over 99 chapters.

http://mp3wrap.sourceforge.net/
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote