View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
eturgeon
Enthusiast
eturgeon began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
I heard a long time ago about the frame rate issue on CRT, but from what I understand, this issue as totally disappeared on LCD.

"A CRT redraws the entire screen with a new frame, hence the term framerate/refresh rate. Thus, if you run at 60 Hz refresh rate, your eye sees 60 new frames every second. LCDs don't refresh in this way - they simply change the color of the pixel as it needs updated."

Hence, if your problem is related to frame rate with the old CRT monitors, it's impossible for you to experience the same issue with LCD.

That being said, my problem is simply light related: the more light, the more headaches. It's as simple as that. For instance, I once bought a luminotherapy lamp, which has a strong lamp, and tried it an evening, for like 30 minutes, while reading a book. The lamp was standing 2 meters in front of me. I was not looking directly at it, since my eyes were oriented on my book, but in my field of vision, the lamp was present. It resulted in a headache that lasted the whole night, and even during the day after that. This was my first experience with this problem, that only got worst year after year. This was about 6 years ago.

Last edited by eturgeon; 02-26-2016 at 10:12 AM.
eturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote