Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #42
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I prefer his term "discovery writers " much better then the pejorative "pantsers" I am here by adopting it.
Yes, that is a more appealing phrase. The other term I've heard is "stream of consciousness" writing - which, I guess, covers one aspect of it (one thing that sometimes happens while you're writing), but gives the impression that the end result is some sort of brain-dump, as if the writer is going to publish the first thing that comes out, which is just silly.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote