Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #38
Alex Bleach
Enthusiast
Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC - PDF & Kindle Desktop
Quote:
I'm probably a bit strange on research. I start writing a draft, and if there's something I don't know (the name of something, for instance) I write "TK" in the manuscript and keep writing. I got this idea from Cory Doctorow. Later, after finishing the chapter, I can go back and look those things up. In Word, it's easy to search for "TK" and not get a bunch of false positives.
Good tip.

I don't do much research, the only thing I really check are dates and names. I write fiction mainly from experience or opinion, so not much research is really needed.
Alex Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote