View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #2611
Ste_95
Ste_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Never reboot with a custom .bin. I meant try the 'Update our Kindle' link after a reboot, not reboot while the .bin sits there on the Kindle .
Mmmm... How am I supposed to "Update my Kindle" after a reboot if I should not reboot after I have copied the file? I did it like this: copied the update file to the Kindle, unplugged from computer, rebooted the device, then tried the Update Kindle link. If I did not copy the file before the rebooting, the link would be grayed out, and it would be just like I did nothing. What am I doing/understanding wrong?

Quote:
Nlso, since you used a funny third-party to install your stuff: do you have a linkjail folder on the root of your Kindle (alongside linkss)?
No, nothing else on the Kindle

Quote:
Also, what do you mean, exactly, by 'nothing'?
Yes, sorry: that it does not update and returns a U007 error

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapherd
please ssh to your kindle and check "/etc/uks"
you may view this blog before and change it to "/etc/uks.disable"
Is it necessary? That would need me to install another hack, and it looks like it is actually because of hacks that I cannot update to 3.4. I would rather solve this problem first, and then get that luring SSH access, than reverse
Ste_95 is offline   Reply With Quote