View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The Fire can be flaky about covers. ...
To check if you have a "good" cover in the ebook, open it ...
Given that the Fire can be a bit flaky about updating covers when you update a book, I would suggest that you do the test open on a PC (Mac or Win) using Kindle Previewer 2 (available free from Amazon) to test whether there is a proper cover. Then move the book to the Fire only after it passes testing. That way you don't "contaminate" the Fire with a version with a misplaced or missing cover.

I configure my Win system to use Previewer as my default Open application and configure calibre to not use its internal viewer for MOBI formats. That way clicking the "MOBI" entry in the Formats section of the Book Details side panel opens the book in Previewer for testing.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote