View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Upon strong reccomendations from a friend I also attempted the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake, starting with the first novel Titus Groan. She and I are still friends, but I (groan ) have ever since discounted her book recommendations. A couple of hundred pages of the depressing and simultaneously dense and incomprehensible Titus Groan was quite enough for me.
Titus Groan is one of my favorites! It's definitely different, though. Oddly enough, I've never gotten around to reading the rest of the trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Dune Messiah I have tried a couple of times, and failed to get anywhere with. I loved Dune, but this just seems to overcomplicate it.
I'm a big fan of Frank Herbert's work and I consider the Dune series his masterpiece, yet I find Dune Messiah to be rather boring. Essential filler bridging Dune and Children of Dune. IMHO, one should either read Dune and stop, or read Dune and slog their way through Dune Messiah to get to the rest of the series.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote