View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Do they need money? Many times, when a vaporware company starts posting/talking again, it's because they're trying to get investors interested.

Show me a product that I can go buy. Until then they can talk all they want, just like the hundreds of other tech companies that do a lot of talking but never release anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
My bet is the recent blogs/articles are because they're looking for stable funding. Many articles like that aren't really targeted at consumers, but at investors.
I hadn't thought of that. From some of the posts a month or so they gave the impression that the funding was all in place and things were on track, but you're right, until there is an actual product to buy it is all just talk.

I wont be one of the first ion line anyway, with the gazillion of them due out in the next few months there will be plenty of reviews to read, comparisons to make, and other research before I plunk down any money for anything. So if they do get it to market, great it'll be in line with the rest of them, but I do like what they've described so far.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote