View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #71
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The internet. The last used book store in our town was selling more on the internet than via store traffic, and it finally closed. I think used book sales remain robust on the internet (probably at amazon.com), but smaller sellers cannot compete (‘like new’ books can sell for as little as $0.01 plus shipping, not sure how that works).
That is what I look for but it is harder to find these days.

Actually the book rate mailing cost is very cheap. That is a legacy thing. Just hasn't changed.

Quote:
Postage is determined by package weight. A typical paperback (weighing between 4 ounces and up to one pound) costs $2.66 to send by MediaMail postal rate. A heavier book (a large hardcover) weighing between 1 and 2 pounds will cost $3.17 to send by Media mail.

Last edited by frahse; 09-01-2018 at 01:05 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote