View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #22
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
A menu item that said something like "Finalize" or "Publish" or "Push this button as the VERY LAST thing you do on this ePub" would be fairly obvious. Newbs go through a fairly short/steep learning curve when they first use Sigil anyway. I don't think that kind of a button would be hard to understand.

I'm assuming these ePub3 auto-save functions would only be a factor if you are working in ePub3...these features wouldn't even be looked at if you were still in ePub2. When I finally get around to making the switch to 3, I would like the idea of having the "finalize/publish" button rather than an auto-save feature. There are already several buttons I push in the editing process when finishing the book: spell-check, css-cleanup, Generate TOC, epubcheck...really easy to add/replace one of those with a "finalize ePub3" button.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote