View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Oh, Kenny, it's wonderful! Just bought it and read it straight through. And you wrote about me. Well, about us. . (And I guess everybody is going to have to get it now so they can read Blood-red Moon.)

Other faves: Lights Out and No Longer Dressed in Black.

I really like it.
Just one more follow up, I find it encouraging that you chose Lishts Out as one of your favorites. That poem has vexed me for years and years, I probably wrote it the first time 15 years ago and kept editing and changing and could never seem to get it right. I put it away for a long long time until one day last year I completely re-wrote it with the same basic idea and few of the same words, but really completely differently and found I was finally, if not completely satisfied then at least happy with it as it stands.

I tend to look at poems as some other poets do in that they are never really finished and are always up for revision should they be published again at some point in the future.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote