View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #9
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
must you get a k3? i think it's well worth it to replace it. i've gotten 2x pw for $40 with magnetic cases (pw1 and pw2) in a bundle. you can put up an ad on craigslist that you're looking for a kindle. i'm sure you'll be able to get a cheap one.

for $20 you might be able to get a new touchscreen kindle that's used, personally i don't like them but they're a bit faster. if not you might be able to find a k3 for that price, although i'd wait a bit a few days? maybe a new kindle is coming out.
The organization of books is completely different on a K3 compared to other models. I have 5 K3s with one that has a failing power button. When the button eventually fails, at least I know I can offer the parts instead of just throwing it.

Woot.com offers K3s for about $15, but they haven't offered any in about 5 months now (just after Christmas), so they may have finally run out of them from the trade-up programs.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote