View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #75
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Since my library allows only 6 holds and the most popular books have dozens of holds, I wouldn't get a lot of books read if that was all I did!

I usually don't even bother putting on hold a brand-new popular book that has 50 or 100 holds right out of the gate. I just put those on my wish list for later. I usually don't put anything on hold unless it has no more than maybe 10 people in line.

In the unlikely event that there were a brand-new hot book that I desperately wanted to read right away I would buy it.
At my library, they also have a rental program for physical copies of really hot books. I'm surprised at how soon books show up available on the rental shelves. I think I've only used it once, since I'd rather wait for the ebook.

Not that there are many "hot" books I'm really interested in reading.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote