View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
@roger64:
<<I intended to give them a specific span (i'ts for the small text which follows a drop-cap and is usually wirtten in small-caps)>>

Lots of people code the first line like that and I wonder why. It appears to be a lot of bother and the result is clumsy and ugly. Your device is the PW3. All Kindles I have coded for support the CSS pseudo elements.

Why not just give the first paragraph in the chapter a class — and let the device do the hard work seamlessly with ::first-line and ::first-letter pseudo elements based on that class?
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote