View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Glo with firmware 2.40
Calibre 0.9.34
Extended Touch/Glo driver 1.42
Kobo Utilities 1.0.0

I have followed the config instructions for Utilities and have a custom column set up named "percentread" of type "Integer". This is referenced in the Utility setup (as #percentread).

I connect my Glo and use the Utility menu to "Store" the current bookmarks of a single book I am currently reading which has a single annotation.

Utilities reports one book, no bookmarks found and the Percent Read column in my Library is not updated with any value.

Do I need to make any config changes to the Extended Driver ?

Thoughts would be appreciated as to what I am doing wrong.
Sorry, I knew there was something I forgot to mention or fix. This is only retrieving the reading location for epubs. For this, I ignore kepubs because they get synced to the Kobo server. But, of course I forgot about the extended driver. Well, it didn't exist when I initially wrote this, but I haven't gotten around to adding them. It shouldn't be to hard, so I will do that in the next few days.

Also, I have been inconsistent with my terminology. I keep using "bookmark", because I think of using a bookmark in a paperback to remember where I am up to*. Kobo allows multiple bookmarks. This function is only looking at the current reading position. i.e. The place the book will open to.

Annotations and the tap-the-top-corner bookmarks aren't handled by this. The two annotation options in the plugin do. But, the Annotations plugin does a much better job of handling them. I plan to write the code so that it can read the Kobo devices. I have done enough to know it is possible, but need to return to it.

* For a long time I used train tickets for bookmarks. Every now and then I get a book out and find a fading ticket. I can then see when I last read it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote