Thread: Kudos to Kobo
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
m0_joe
m0_joe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Kudos to Kobo

Ok so I am currently waiting for my 4th Kobo replacement.

The first one I replaced after having for a day. The image was ghosting badly and I had a blank line running vertically.

I then got a black one. After having Chapters exchange it for me. It worked great for about a month. I woke up a week ago and had about an inch think line running vertically. After contacting Kobo they said they would send me a box and shipping info to ship it back to them. I decided to see if Chapters would replace it anyways. Which they did. Unfortunately they only had white ones (I really liked my black one). I did the exchange anyways. So having my new white one for a day (no it didn't have the new firmware yet), I found out the the books section kept freezing on me and no lines above and below the letters at the top.

So I contacted Kobo and told them that I will be sending my new white one in and I want a black one in return. I am waiting for the replacement now.

I bought 2 others on the same day I bought my original one, they both work fine.

My point is, I still love my Kobo. Despite the bugs and everything I think Kobo is doing a fantastic job through all this. I have not had any problems in replacing my device. I always expect a "discussion" to take place when I exchange my device, but none occur.

I don't remember the last time a company put out a firmware so quickly to fix issues with their device. Issues that are more annoyances than actual real operating issues. Despite poor battery performance and font rescaling most devices have worked as they should, as an ereader.

So I just want to say, as a Kobo customer, Kudos to you Kobo! I have had some 'bad' experiences with my Kobos. But, thanks to your customer service and support, my experience has been enjoyable! Of course I have to admit I don't think I have read so many books in such a short time in my life!

(ps - I can't buy books from Kobo yet cause I don't have a credit card so you gotta get the chapters gift certificates working for you site soon, then I can support your company that much more!)
m0_joe is offline   Reply With Quote