View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoto View Post
I had this same question...and sorry, Kovid, I don't understand your answer. The sony program IS an exe file. Was this a serious answer? Or maybe I'm just not computer-savvy enough to understand what you mean.

I looked at the reader software and don't find any preferences for this.

However, Ken, I haven't had any trouble with my Calibre. I just shut down the reader software and then start up calibre.

Anyone else know how to stop the sony from autorunning this software whenever we plug in our readers?
He means this... (I am on a Mac so I am not sure on the file name )
say file is called reader.exe
Find the file and rename it to anything you want like... pieceofcrapprogram.exe

The next time you plug in the reader it will not find reader.exe and not start the program
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote