View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
eGeezer, I've been a B&N member for years. At first i resisted for exactly the reason you state. But then I did the math based on my purchasing history and realized I'd save several hundered dollars a year by being a member.

The discount is 20% on all adult hardcovers; 10% on paperbacks and other items. If a book is already on sale, say a bestseller is already marked 30% off, I get another 10% on top of the 30% discount.

I buy 25+ hardcovers a year from B&N and none are bestsellers; most are special orders. So the 20% begins to add up. For the casual reader who buys a couple of paperbacks a year, it isn't worth joining, but if you buy a lot of books at B&N it doesn't take long to earn back the cost of membership -- especially at current book prices.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote