Old 09-30-2006, 06:00 AM   #40
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ninja
Yeah, you are too young
Hey, thanks, that is what I all wanted to hear! It makes me happy!

Anyway, I got my first PC when I was 12, I bought my first discman when I was 17 (after at least 2 walkmans). It's not that I have buying gadgets these last years, it's that I have always invested a lot of my money (well, before, a lot of my presents) in gadgets.

Regarding ebook formats, as far as I care, there are only RTF (and DOC and ODT if you must), HTM, TXT and PDF. Those will stay for some time, and those will be the ones I will be using, thanks.

Regarding batteries, that's the status quo. If you can just recharge your gadget as easy as that, you will not buy a new one, and that's not good for the market.

I want the Reader to be a success and I will do everything I can to help the hardware, if they let me. But I am not interested in DRM'ed ebooks. It's happenning more and more these days in Europe, folks are more interested in media readers than in the media itself. The Government is charging us for media storage (and printers, and Internet connections), too, just in case we try something sneaky.

So, I will keep buying pbooks and then connecting to the IRC to get them in my reader.
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote