Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #275
ironflute
ironflute began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
That's very interesting, I use a Mac as well, I'm wondering if it's a problem with Calibre on the Mac, did you copy all of your books/PDF's through Calibre or Finder?
I have a Windows machine at home, where I've done most of my troubleshooting. I brought it to work with me today and had the same issues with Mac. The problems are platform-agnostic, definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
I think your problem might lie with the MOBIs. I don't believe they are supported anymore with the Glo
It's listed as a supported format on the box and on the Kobo product page, so I expect to be able to use them. I've got over 2000 mobi files in my library. I'd rather not have to bulk convert them all. That's not a solution, that's a workaround. But I will if I have to... *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
Another word of warning: if the firmware is corrupt because the MOBIs have kept crashing your Glo, you may need to do a factory reset.
I do a factory reset between each attempt to figure out what's going on. Yeah, I know its like a 30 minute process. I'm just that thorough. I know what I'm doing
Yeah I'm not about to get rid of it yet. When I get home in about 15 minutes, I'm going to try overloading it with epubs and see if I can get it to crash (no mobi's at all). That'll tell me if mobi are the problem.
If that's the case, I know what my CPUs are doing all day tomorrow... and for the next 36 hours probably

Last edited by ironflute; 01-29-2013 at 07:04 PM.
ironflute is offline   Reply With Quote