View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 AM   #18
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I think Kobo Touch has at least two different hardware depending on the year they were built.

A follower of my blog sent me an email about his Kobo touch he just bought (so in december 2012) and when he connected it for the first time to Kobo desktop he was curious and checked the newest downloaded firmware :

The firmware was the same size as the kobo4 directory so it was a firmware that we think is for Glo / Mini. He also explained that his new Kobo Touch was a little faster his other one. He wouldn't enable telnet access to check /etc/procinfo though.

I think that is the reason why Kobo made so many posts explaining sideloading firmware is a bad idea : They have many different hardware to handle and u-boot and kernel could be different in each case.

@murg

I sideloaded 2.3.2 to my Touch and I've not found a single fix for a problem bugging me since 2.3.1

Last edited by vlad59; 12-31-2012 at 06:18 AM.