View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #37
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
What is the audible difference between "sea" and "see",
Keeping in mind that english isn't my native language, I'd definitely think them different - "sea" changes the sound at the end, while "see" is just a long-drawn "eee".
"cee", "see" and "zee" would sound the same, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post

German capitalizes all nouns - a behaviour for which I haven't see a logical explanation either.
It may be a backwards-explanation, but it certainly helps to differentiate verbs and nouns.
Which is, contrary to popular opinion, quite important. You can get by without, of course - but it helps a lot.
(Same goes for stuff like punctuation.)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote