View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Christian fiction - what's in a name?

I tend to gloss over anything that has a tag "Christian" fiction or is from a publisher with the word "Christian" in it.

Not because I think Christianity is bad (I hasten to add), just that I'm not one myself and the effort to brand something with the name makes me think it's quite particular in its content and probably not something I would want to read.

It actually helps to filter out alot of free books too.

But just wondering if my take on this is accurate. Have any of you read fiction that is specifically labelled Christian fiction - especially those of you who may not be Christian? Is it an exercise in alienation? Or are the stories the same as other stories except that the author identifies with and wants to be known as a Christian author? Or is it a mix-n-match like everything else out there?

Just curious.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote