View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #146
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
While we're going after people who don't put commas before and after direct quotes, can we also get the ones who use block formatting instead of paragraph indents?
I've learned to tolerate blocks instead of indents. Especially in non-DRM'd works, because I can easily fix that.

I'm willing to tolerate some SPAG errors, but not so many that they distract me from the story. First missed comma: meh, everyone makes a typo now & then. Second one in same situation: eep, author doesn't actually know how to punctuate quotes. Misplaced word ("I would say he his report will be positive")... aah. Apparently author couldn't be bothered to acquire a proofreader. And needs one.

Nope, my TBR list is already over-full of books that *do* follow normal English structural conventions, by authors I know I like. "Read new books" only happens when I'm convinced the experience will be somewhat enjoyable. Three basic grammar errors on the first page? For a topic I know plenty of other authors do well? Forget it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote