View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
Any program to cut and merge pages to new aspect ratio?

I found lots of pdf I have can be cropped or converted to a single column pdf, whose page width actually fit well for Eink reader, but its page height is often too much for 1 page. If we have a "fit visible" or "fit width" option in Eink reader, that will be great! Which means all the pages can be thought of a continuous flow, and the screen will display the content by fit width, then page down to next "page" or view.

However I only knew foxit eslick have this option. Kindle and sony 505 don't have this.

So I'm looking for a program to process text based pdf by this rule:
1. the pdf is already cropped and processed, so it's single column.
2. cut the page vertically into smaller page fit reader screen. At the end of one page, the leftover may be not enough for one page, then it can be merged to next page.

Basically it take the pdf pages as a continuous flow, cut them into new pages according to Eink reader screen aspect ratio.

Pdflrf actually can do this, but it will convert pdf into image, and it will at least thicken 1 step. I often found some artifacts in each page. I cannot make soPDF do what I want. Most page splitting and merging software on Internet are just splitting and merging the document by pages.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote