View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 07:54 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
The update comments thread which I linked to in my last post has disappeared from their website. Wonder what's up...

The one post seemed to be positive. The poster seemed to be very content with the performance after the upgrade.

Maybe that was just an initial impression. Perhaps some significant bugs were later discovered and reported on?

Certainly, the backer on the Indiegogo page who attempted to install the update still seems to be experiencing difficulties:

Quote:
rafepurnell 10 hours ago

OK…… decided it was worth dusting this POC off to see if the update makes a difference.

Now my drinks tray is stuck in a loop. Telling me Encryption unsuccessful. To resume using your tablet, you need to perform a factory reset.

Hmmmmm

Can anyone how to remember how to reset this thing?
See less

rafepurnell 2 hours ago
Process of elimination. I knew a key combination on boot would take me to the boot loader. Home Key and push the reset. Hold the home key. The boot loader comes up. So Factory Reset started. Lets see if the update works better on a flattened drinks tray.

rafepurnell 28 minutes ago
That reset seemed to bring the Tablet back, but left me with only Settings, Browser and Animation apps. Rebooting with the update.zip on the root of the internal storage. It see the file and asks me if I want to update. I approved it.

rafepurnell 28 minutes ago
Seeing as we have no support forum I will put my logs here. The installation starts and then the installation is aborted. This is what is displayed. Finding update package... Opening update package... Verifying update package... Installing update... Upgrade : ALL include recovery for 4.0 This package is for "ntx_6sl" devices! E:Error in /data/media/0/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. Looks like I am stuck for the time being. On a plus note, the browser seems responsive.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments

EDIT: The page in question has now returned to their website.

Last edited by Question Mark; 03-18-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote