View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Unhappy

Yes; I purposefully worded the poll so that it refers primarily to the looks rather than functionality. After all, it is natural for functionality to evolve. To me, iOS 7 is just plain ugly. A colleague of mine, a long-time Apple user with whom I discussed this earlier today, pointed out that iOS 7 esthetics are apparently simply copying Windows Phone esthetics. This connection never occurred to me before today, but I've always hated the looks of Windows Phone (despite critical praise heaped on it), even more the looks of Windows 8 in any and all iterations... which may explain why I now find iOS 7 so ugly, too. Besides the ugly flat icons and the absurd zero-design of the Notes app, I would nominate the new Messages app (where you read your SMS) as the ugliest iOS 7 app. It positively revolts me whenever I open that app in iOS 7. The slowed-down (apparently intentionally slowed-down) animations are painful to watch on both iPhone and iPad.

Perhaps I'll get used to all this as time goes by, but for now, I definitely find Android 4.3 more elegant, more fluid, and smoother compared to iOS 7. I really wonder what Steve Jobs would say about that, and if iOS 7 could have been released under his guidance.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote