View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #87
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Doesn't work if patch cord is attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You can hit pause from within the app to make sure it doesn't continue playing once you exit. The same goes for music apps.
The Pause and Stop controls do not work if the patch cord is attached to an external speaker and the Kindle is turned off.

Evidently that is to allow playing radio and / or music for long periods without the automatic shut down for non-use.

However, holding the on / off key for 5 seconds does a total shut down including the sound.

I notice after a total shut down the Kindle takes a little longer to boot up than from the normal sleep mode shut down.

I tried a shut down of the TuneIn app from the Settings \ Application Menu and it had no ill effects on the app. That is the only non-Amazon app that keeps running when one leaves it.

I'll leave it on, however, since I see no purpose in going the extra steps each time I want to end that app. I doubt it really uses that much extra current.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote