View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #19
producerism
producerism began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joel View Post
Producerism, can you update me on your Nook Colour purchase? How do you like it after a few weeks?
I'm really happy with my Nook Color, and am very glad I didn't get the Nook Touch or Kobo Touch. Main reason is that I have been loving the android experience in full color with all the apps/games/browsing I can handle. None of that would be possible with the Kobo/Nook Touch. Yes, the Nook Touch can run Android, but it's still in eInk with that slow refresh, so I can't imagine the experience being very good.

The ONLY reasons I could imagine getting a Kobo/Nook Touch over the NC would be either weight, or battery life. I thought both of those would be the deciding factors, but in the end the color screen and no-refresh are what sold me.

The Nook Color can run just about any Android app I throw at it, especially since the latest CM7 update (I think I'm on nightly #177). Websites load up just fine.

I am also using Evernote extensively.. mostly to take notes when reading in Moon Reader, Mantano or Repligo.

Eye strain isn't much of an issue - although the most I ever read at one time is for an hour or two. Reading full-color comics at nighttime (in a dark room) can strain my eyes a little after an hour, but lowering the brightness usually helps. Then again, if you had to read an eInk device at night... you need a reading light.
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote