View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
as for matters of storage and price I always preferred pback than hardcover and am continously annoyed by the fact that I've to wait until the pbacks come out.
I used to feel that way, but my attitudes changed over the years.

One of the things I began to do was replace PBs with durable hardback reading copies. I was aided in this because my preferred genre is SF, and the Science Fiction Book Club tended to create hardcover anthology editions of books that had been paperback series. I actually reduced storage space in some cases. (The SFBC also published some where the SFBC edition was the only hardcover edition, making them collectibles.)

Part of the motive was declining paperback quality. I had book where the paper was beginning to turn brown and crumple, and where the glue folding on the cover was failing due to gae, and the book was literally falling apart.

I buy books to keep, and want books I can keep.

Quote:
I'd rather prefer to get a paperback+ ebook bundle for the price of the hardcover than the hardcover. so i could get em without waiting
You would still have to wait. There is a year between hardback and paperback release, precisely to give the hardback time to sell. Getting a paperback+ebook bundle would of necessity include that wait.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote