View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #199
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Could be, but they said online sales were pretty high.

Some people like shopping in B&M stores. After my dad died I would take my mom pretty much anywhere she needed to go because she didn’t drive and she lived in a rural area where cabs were not an option. Whenever I took her to shop, she would happily go up and down every aisle, pick up and examine almost every item whether she wanted to buy it or not, and pretty much annoy me to death! I’m a get in, find item, get out quick shopper. But for mom it was a great adventure, and I understood that so I tried my best to never show my annoyance and lack of patience at being stuck in a store with her for hours. But a lot of people are more like I am in that they prefer to shop online and have stuff delivered. Even before the pandemic B&M stores were suffering. A lot of old chains like Sears have disappeared. A lot of people today just don’t have the time nor desire to go shopping at a B&M store.
This is me! I despise shopping and have for years. All my shopping is done online, it's quick, easy and I don't have to deal with people! The great thing about shopping online is you can do it when you want. If you come across a Christmas present in July, you can buy it in July, you don't have to wait for BF. So while fewer people may have shopped on BF, they might find that purchases are up for the year.

I can understand why B&M stores didn't go crazy with setting up for BF, they had no idea how many people may show up or more importantly NOT show up especially with this never ending pandemic still going on.

Even if I was a big B&M shopper, you couldn't pay me to go into any stores for hours on end right now!!!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote