View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #196
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Cyber Monday online sales drop 1.4% from last year to $10.7 billion, falling for the first time ever

Color me not surprised, again. Retailers need to drop the pretense that Black Friday and Cyber Monday even exist. They killed both days when they instituted early sales at Black Friday pricing. Special days are meaningless when the sales now cover a period of some six to seven weeks.
Their extending it this year made sense because of worries about logistics and delivery slowdowns. If they went back to the best deals being available those two days, plus some slightly-less-awesome deals in the days leading up to Black Friday and over the weekend, then it'd be special again. Next year we'll hopefully not have all the logistics issues that we do now.

I'm about 99% certain they won't do that.

I think we can sum things up thusly: Retailers killed their golden goose that was Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Expect them to start whining about it, blaming everyone but themselves.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote