Thread: Libra KSM9 on Kobo Libra
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #11
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilali View Post
I've not succeeded to obtain the same result starting from update001 package
Even with file comparaison beetween versions, trying to understand what's (tf) wrong.

Going back to the elim package.

By the way it's weird : I thought that you starts from update001 to make your Forma package. But I saw some entries for Nova (claraHD) then they are missing from the update001 package.
I think you will better understand when you know the history:
  • 1) It started with KBStartMenu_09.zip
  • 2) KSM09_update001.zip was provided to be applied to KBStartMenu_09.zip to solve a screen rotation problem with H2O and some minor stuff
  • 3) I removed KBStartMenu_09.zip, and provided instead KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip (which is KBStartMenu_09.zip with KSM09_update001.zip already applied)
  • 4) KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip became the basis for developing the Clara HD version, apart from the adaptations for clara HD, nightmode was added. The package was then provided by CH23 with the name KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001_and_nightmode.zip.
  • 5) I provided update_ids.zip to adapt KSM to some further models
  • 6) Elim Garak merged update_ids.zip with KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001_and_nightmode.zip, and replaced/added the mouse/touch-drivers (and some other libs) with newer versions (from pbchess_2019.02.05_kobo.zip) and provided the resulting package KBStartMenu_09_forma_test.zip.
The above sequence of events does however not explain everything, at least to me. I have to admit I don't know why for instance, Elim Garak uses and older version of usr\local\Kobo\udev\usb than CH23.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote