View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #285
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And six months later, another rejig of the patch .

Unified & fixed dimension computations for the thumbnails, to match what's done with downloaded thumbnails for store-bought KePubs. This was a team effort, thanks to @shermp & @geek1011 .

In the same spirit of shamelessly stealing ideas from other projects, after my experiments with it in FBInk, this also implements IM's OrderedDithering algorithm, which behaves much better than Calibre's quantize for what we want to do .

Despite Qt's best efforts to annoy me, tweaked the PNG output to produce files that are encoded in a more sensible manner (i.e., grayscale, paletted), which should make for smaller files.

EDIT: And a quick fix to said PNG encoding mess to speed it up, it should now be roughly twice as fast as before. Patch version still at v16 because I'm lazy.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-25-2019 at 12:31 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote