View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
... they estimate 1% of the (presumably UK) internet population download ebooks illegally.
Frankly, I don't believe that figure. I haven't read the report, so I might be wrong about that. But the figure simply isn't plausible. If they're talking about the entire Internet population of the UK, I doubt if 1% have even read an ebook, much less downloaded one, legally or otherwise. And, of those who have downloaded, I suspect the majority don't know whether they did so legally or not.

I'd also question what sample they used for their research. So many of these studies are based on surveys carried out on-line, from people who happen to visit a certain website. That is not a cross-section of the population. It is a self-selected group that happened to come across the survey and were inclined to respond.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote