View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I think of a favorite author as one who, a decade or more after reading his/her books I still think about them and have plans to re-read them.

Just because I'm enjoying someone's book today doesn't mean I'll remember it in the future.

I've been re-reading Grace Metalious' books since the 1950s. The same for Pearl S. Buck's books and Nevil Shute's books. And a few others. Those are favorites.

When I was younger I really enjoyed reading books by Richard S. Prather and I re-read one a couple of years ago after not reading one for decades. It wasn't bad but I probably won't read any more of them.

I guess to me, favorite means more than that I'm currently enjoying their books.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote