View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I was hoping to nominate Off the Charts: The Hidden Lives and Lessons of American Child Prodigies by Ann Hulbert:

But, alas, it is both less than a year old AND not available in all countries. Phooey.
Well, I think we can take the less than a year old rule as a guideline, not an absolute; it's a judgment call based on price and library waiting lists. However, while there's no rule saying we can't nominate books not available in the usual countries, I agree that it tends to be a dealbreaker.

I hear you; some months I go through more than one "perfect" choice only to bump up against the availability problem.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote