View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I bought an e ink reader because I wanted longer battery life and the ability to read in sunlight, but the iLiad turned out not to have such great battery life and I found I wasn't actually spending much time reading in sunlight. Now I read on an iPod Touch and I'm perfectly satisfied.

I'm sure the screen issue is real for some people, but it hasn't bothered me.
Yeah I have a K1. The battery life is great. But I don't mind having to charge something every night or two anyway, so it's not a deal breaker.

Sunlight reading isn't something I care about as I pretty much never read outdoors. I'm just an inside guy, it's almost always too hot or too cold outside (and I hate being hot or cold), I sunburn easily, I'm a magnet for insect bites etc.

If anything the non backlit screen has been an inconvenience more than a convenience as I've found more times where I don't have enough light to red comfortably (and didn't have a clip on book light with me) than I have times I was under the sun.

But it is super easy on the eyes in proper lighting, so I do love it for reading novels as I'm almost always doing that beside a lamp.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote