View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 352478140 View Post
i erase my kindle using fastboot,now it has nothing in it. how am i gonna fix it? help me geekmaster, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 352478140 View Post
my kindle can not boot into fastboot,don't know why.
Just how much of the mmc did you ERASE? Fastboot lives in the bist uboot partition. If you erased that, you erased fastboot mode.

Can you boot to diags? Or, did you erase that too?

If you erased EVERYTHING (why?) you either need to flash the partitions over the serial port, or wait until SOMEBODY creates a custom MfgTool profile that can flash these partitions.

There is a post in this forum by rastik about how he recovered from a total erasure of mmc, by flashing mmc using the serial port and a flash image sent to the kindle using ymodem serial protocol.

There is no need to erase the mmc (ever), and it just makes recovery more difficult. Yifanlu warned against doing any fastboot commands that you do not understand, and now you must learn new stuff to overcome the consequences of your actions.

You must either invest the time to learn how to debrick this using methods described in various posts (or read the freescale documents and create a custom MfgTool profile to flash the partitions), or you must buy a replacement kindle. It is up to you to decide how to invest your time and money resources. If you do not want to spend the time, then spend the money on a replacement kindle (and donate this one to somebody who DOES want to spend the time on it).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-24-2012 at 12:23 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote