View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #622
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Not true! This is exactly my point. Calibre auto-saves everything to disk anyway: inside its Calibre folders. So that, all you need to have is a bookmark in your Explorer or Finder or TotalCommander that will switch you over to Calibre's Books folder. You will see all your writers there, ordered alphabetically inside Calibre folders. Inside each writer's folder, each book gets a separate folder. All very handy. And all these EPUB files can be directly loaded into Marvin.
I was reading/posting a thread over in the Calibre section about this very topic. Kovid, the creator of Calibre stated very clearly that metadata and covers that are updated within Calibre are saved to the calibre library/folder as individual files (cover.jpg, metadata.opf) so you will see the updated information WITHIN Calibre....but they ARE NOT incorporated back into the ePub unless you take the extra step of "saving to disk"

Thus, if you simply drag the ePub file from the Calibre folder you MAY not be getting the most current version of the metadata/cover.

To ENSURE you have the most current data/cover you must perform a "save to disk", so that Calibre update's the ePub file.

If you know for a fact that Calibre has not updated or changed the metadata and/or cover image, then no save to disk is required.

As far as iTunes - or whatever service people use to transfer ebooks - I really don't care what people use. If it gets the job done, and THEY like it, it doesn't matter one bit what I prefer. If they want my opinion about what I think is the best way, then I will tell them. I may even throw out a recommendation unsolicited...but it certainly isn't worth anyone's time and effort to get in an argument over it.

Can't we just all hold hands and get along??