View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #185
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
I've finished a book on my reader since I got it. I would also like to suggest some sort of percentage that lets you know how far into the book you are. It's really weird not knowing if you're 50 pages from the end or 2 pages from the end. It would also avoid putting the book down when you only have 2 more pages to go instead of simply finishing those 2 pages and the book.

A percentage would work, but a page number like 230/545 would work even better. I don't think this should be displayed on the screen at all times, but it could be displayed when pressing the menu button or something like that. I don't believe it'd be too hard ti implement either.
The pages (really, screens) 230/545, don't work like you think the do
They are a best-guess of the book length of the book at the opening font size.
If you make the font bigger (needs more screens), the numbers do not always reflect the change.
I have seen a book that said xxx/750 that I switched fonts bigger,
go 749/750, 750/751 ... all the way to 1024/1025, 1025/1025

I strongly lean towards % of File (images will skew this slightly, but it will remain stable
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote