View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:18 AM   #31
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
I think people are just tired (I certainly am) of the inevitable comment that's appeared whenever any tech site covered ereaders in the past few years claiming that they're all rubbish because they don't do colour. That makes as much sense as saying that a Sony 505 is useless because it can't make phone calls.
Except the Sony isn't purported to be a communications device. Reading inevitably means things beyond just unadorned text (unadorned is taken to extremes in ebook readers as well). People who are simply novel readers who care not one bit about color, quality, or speed shouldn't be so offended when more demanding folks start putting down those devices. They are rubbish in many ways that overlap significantly with the pretense of "reading device". If the nomenclature and marketing were more specific to reflect the very limited capabilities of the devices, I suspect they'd be easy for people to ignore and dismiss, rather than react harshly to.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote