View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #38
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I would say because they use of the "lend your ebooks" as a sales enticement but without and OBVIOUS disclaimer as to limitations, is actionable deceptive advertising. It only hurts all people who want these devices to succeed when these big companies come up with these behind-the-curtain draconian limitations.

I would say what B&N is doing it trying to make it look like their system is the same as Amazon's where you can have a book on I believe 6-devices at the same time as long as those devices are registered to your account. The more I read about B&N the better Amazon looks...and that takes some effort on B&N's part.
Sony also allows the authorization of multiple devices on one account (allowing the sharing of books).
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote