View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #119
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
May I send you my monthly water bill since it's supposed to be free?
Heh. By that logic, torrented downloads aren't free; they cost electricity to run your computer!

Quote:
Actually, I now have to drink bottled water. The water co started adding chloramine (which can't be filtered out) along with sending us a newsletter telling us how "toxic" it is to wildlife. Despite what the literature says it still tastes like ammonia.
While there are plenty of people who buy bottled water because their local tapwater doesn't taste good (or, sometimes, is actually unsafe), the bottled-water industry didn't take off because of them. It took off because people will pay the same price for water that they will for soda--if it's convenient and cold when they want it.

Ending the commercial threat of piracy (as opposed to "ending piracy," which isn't possible) won't occur by punishing or preventing unauthorized filesharing; it can only be mitigated by convincing people to buy, and that's an entirely different approach to the problem.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote