Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #108
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I can't find the Flex T9 keyboard on the Google Play store (in Canada).
Rats my fears confirmed. A year ago Nuance Communications, Inc bought Swype. My first thought was what are they going to do with FlexT9 I hoped they would keep both products but I did not see the rational of keeping two identical products. Though FlexT9 was a better product, Swype has the bigger name. (I've looked both in the Market and in Amazon appstore the product is not listed)

Recently Swype went into beta and many of the FlexT9 features are included in Swype. It seems they have merged the two products and dropped support for FlexT9. That is too bad. For those that don't know the Swype business model. Folks cannot buy it from the Play store it is only available for for phone manufactures.

Users can download the beta product for free but once the beta is over the product will not be available.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote