View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #28
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
This firmware issue has made me wonder what would happen if this update bricked an out-of-warranty Kobo? Realistically the updates are forced upon you when you sync (no different to Amazon), so if your reader gets bricked....would Kobo offer support or just say "Sorry, out of warranty....next please"?

This worries me as well. I have 2 Kobos the update was successful on mine but I'm hesitating to update my daughters. She's not having any problems with 1.9.17 so why run the risk? Although as her Kobo is still in warranty (just) maybe I should get it as up to date as possible before signing out of the Kobo Desktop forever?

I never use the Desktop so it wouldn't be any loss... it's just very frustrating knowing that you are risking a brick every time you update. The new features all sound so appealing but the risk of a non functioning kobo and a non responsive customer service is all too real.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote