View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I had one person come into my store with this issue. It doesn't seem to be common but I think it has something to do with the firmware update failing part way through (perhaps due to low battery).

Since the Vox won't allow you to leave the setup screen without finishing the setup and since the error won't let you do so the only way to fix this issue that I know of is to plug it into a computer and use adb to restore.

Problem is, that's not something most people can do. You can try calling the Kobo support line, but you'll probably have to exchange it for a new unit. If you came into my store I'd probably be able to fix it, but chances of another store having someone who could do the same aren't high.

Last edited by jefftheworld; 11-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote