View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I am using calibre for both worlds, paper books and ebooks and it works very well for me. I had scan all my book covers and and the text on the back. Put it to OCR to become the book description / ISBN and what ever I need, put all information into calibre. In addition I add some additional metadata columns like book type, storage location and so on. What I learned was, that this program was even more flexible as the most programs I need pay a lot of money and do not fulfils my needs. You only need to think a bit how to use the advantage of flexibility from calibre. The only 2 things what is missing for me is the handling of audio-books and notification/ marker information of my Sony reader. May be, someone will some when make a nice plugin for this.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote