View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
busy 1
busy 1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
nook color usb cable/wall adapter issue

I have a usb cable/wall adapter issue with new nook color. This began as soon as I brought it home. Attempted to connect usb cable to reader and could only insert it about half way. Not wanting to force it in, I took the entire unit back to B & N the next day. They swapped the usb cable for one from their display model ( I wasn't really happy about not getting a "new" one since I had just purchased this the day before, but I figured that as long as it worked I would go with it). I then tried to charge it at home and found that the indicator light didn't go on at all. So, back to B & N I went again, and asked if the light was supposed to stay on. The sales person told me it was and checked my cord...after working with it for a while she said it was okay. The connection on the usb where it plugs into the reader actually looks like it's bent...and this is the one they gave me from their display model.
Back home again and plugged charger in. No indicator light. Tried it at several outlets. Finally figured out that if I stood there and held the adapter in the wall outlet, it would light. Seems the prongs on the adapter have to be able to be pushed and held firmly in the most upright position in the outlet. I really don't have time to stand there and hold this in place in the wall for 3 hrs. or even 1 hr.
So, I still have 2 unresolved issues after having returned to the store twice since purchasing the reader. I'm still within the return period and am giving some thought to just returning it and getting a Kindle 3.
I am surprised that B & N didn't offer to give me a new charger, which seems to me to be the easiest solution if they want to have a satisfied customer who doesn't end up canceling out the sale. What would you do???
busy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote